Monday, April 21, 2014

And my new puppy is . . . .

Alder!!!!



I am thrilled to pieces.  I think he is just adorable.

I really hadn't thought a lot about this one, and I hadn't been drawn strongly to his pictures at all.  But when the breeder contacted me on Saturday and told me he was going to be mine, I knew he was exactly the right one!!

Earlier that day, I had been driving along, alternately thinking about Sammie and Speedy and the new puppy.

I have been very strongly committed to not allowing myself to make potential comparisons between Speedy and the new puppy.  I know the new puppy will be very different, and I don't want to put the burden of comparison on him.

But on Saturday I allowed myself one little tiny thing.  I thought, "if I could say that there is just one quality that Speedy had that I would want the new puppy to have, what would that be?"

I didn't have to think very long to come up with the answer.  Right away I thought, "his joy".  I thought, "If the puppy would be the type of dog who would regard the world with the same eager enthusiasm and joy that Speedy did, I would be perfectly happy".

When I got home that day, I found the breeder's message.  She described Alder in these words, "He is bubbly, happy, outgoing and absolutely delightful.  He really is a perfect little creature".

That's when I knew that he was my puppy and that he was always meant to be my dog!!

Now I can't wait to meet him!

Lots to do to get ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment